Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Attempting to say everything I have felt in the past 9 days in just a few minutes.... with a foreign keyboard:)

Bom Dia!

So I kinda fell in love with Brazil already! It has been so amazing, and I have learned so much! Number One thing that I have had my testimony strengthened on... The Atonement applies to EVERYTHING. I only have 30 minutes to write today, so apologies. But Im not even sad about the 30 min cuz we get to go street contacting next!

My companion is fantastic. her name is Sister dÁnjou and she is from Quebec Canada. So yeah she speaks French mainly plus bits of English Italian and now Portugues. My roomates are both Brazilian and I absolutely love them. But it does mean that I have been forced to learn Portugues much faster than if I had 3 english girls. And man the Lord has been helping so so much. I am not very good at all, but I have a strong testimony that the Lord fills in when it is needed. Yesterday my whole district went to the Police Headquarters to sign some visa papers and I was able to talk to 3 different people just asking about their lives and then testifying of the truthfulness of this gospel as a part of why I am here in Brazil. And that definately was NOT me! In our fake discussions at the CTM my companion and I still have to write sentances out as a script, and its slow and difficult. But when there are people in need, the Lord provides a way. It all goes  back to the enabling pówer of the Expiacao. I love this gospel so much!! Also, to all my Provo MTC friends, be jealous the food here is FANTASTIC. 


At the Sao Paulo Temple
Also we went to the Temple today which was so beautiful!! One of my roomates got her endowments (because she is from a part of Brazil that is really far from a temple). I loved talking to the cute little ladies and they just love the missionaries. My district is super amazing as well. Sis d´Anjou and I are the only sister missionaries and there are 3 sets of Elders. Its a tiny little district but we have a lot of fun and learn really well together. Two of the Elders are going to Rio with me too which is awesome cuz we are the only ones in the whole CTM. And then one of the other Elders in my district is from London England and he is serving in Mosambique, so he is also the only one in the CTM. 


But anyway, my favorite things so far(in no particular order):

1. Service Projects
2. Temple
3. Teaching (next week we get to go teach real people instead of role playing with our teacherf-investigators- Angelo, Leticia, and Daniel!!!!!!)
4. The Foods
5. People
6. Devotionals
7. SACRAMENT MEETING. That was the very best part of sunday. Again, I LOVE THE GOSPEL
8. so basically everything....

I testify that this Church is true. I know without a doubt that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God to restore the priesthood authority on the earth and translate the Book of Mormon so that all of God´s children can have access to the Gospel of Jesus Cristo. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. My Redeemer. And His infinite Atonement is the very foundation on which I can grow, serve, learn, and ultimately become like Him. 

I love you all and would love to hear from you. This has been the hardest and best week of my life. I cant wait to see what is in store. I challenge you all to pick somebody this week to love. Someone who needs it. Thank you all for everything you do. I miss you!

Love,
Sister Bond

PS All of the Brazilians call me Sister Bong, so I have to explain that its Bond like James Bond, and now I'm the favorite and the say hello to me by pretending to shoot me.... not sure if its good or bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment