I love Brazil. My companion and I decided the bests/worsts of Brazil are
1. Brigadeiro. Stroganaffe. Maracuja. Food. Sem Commentario:)
2. People will be my best friend forever just because I can speak english and have blue eyes:) We enter a favella and the kids come running. Literally running. "Tia tia!!"
3. I love that the Irmãs greet each other with a beijinho on the cheeck. Its super cute. (But when they are drunk and reek of alcohol its a little gross...)
Which leads us to the worsts;....
1. The Heat. Tuesday was 48* C. I dont know what that is in F. But I know I drank 17 bottles of water and still threw up from heat exhaustion... also its really attractive I have a permanant sweat mark across my chest where the purse touches. Real "hot" (ba dum tst)
2. The Trash. Every tues thurs e sat. is trash day. Thats good. The problem is that mon-sunday people just through trash on the sidewalk. In grocery bags. So thats good. The problem is that then the homeless people go digging for stuff to salvage/eat.... And dont forget here you cant flush toilet paper... so sometimes the trash sitting in the hot sun and opened up and blowing around is somebody´s poop;
3. The People Without Clothes On. I dont think I wanna explain this one:) Just know that we have had the door opened by men and women wearing just a towel more than 5 times. And they expect us to teach like that... Not to mention that its completely acceptable to just take your shirt of to nurse in public... Ive seen way more of people that I ever wanted to!!